Change the Start Menu "Shut Down" button
The Windows Start Menu's new shut down default is "sleep" - however, you may want to change this for whatever reason. To change it:
- Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel.
- Click on "System and Maintenance".
- Click on "Power Options".
- Select a power management plan and then click on "Change Plan Settings".
- Click on "Change advanced power settings".
- In the Power Options dialog that appears, expand "Power Buttons and Lid", and then expand "Start menu power button".
- Click on "Setting" and then choose the function you want the button to perform - "Sleep", "Hibernate", or "Shut down".
- Click on OK.
- Close the "Edit Plan Settings" Control Panel window.